Monday, December 21, 2015

My First and Last Blog Post of 2015!

Y'all. I haven't blogged in a whole year. How did THAT happen?

Okay...I probably know how that happened.

2015 has been busy. One big reason? I signed a three book deal with Entangled Teen Crush!

The first book, PIECES OF YOU AND ME, will be out on March 14, 2016. It's about Chase and Rylee, two best friends who were inseparable until they were torn apart completely. Five years was long enough for both of them to change, but once they're reunited they discover that some things, like their feelings for each other, only changed for the better. But the threat of being torn apart again is very real, so they're faced with forgetting the risk and taking the fall.

The second book (title TBD) should be out in September-ish. It's about an upcoming professional hockey player/YouTube star and the girl who shouldn't fall in love with him. I'm having SO much fun working on this one!

And I suppose there will be a third book at some point!

When I wasn't writing, revising, and editing, I did some reading this year. Best read of 2015 has to go to EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING by Nicola Yoon. I loved the premise, the characters and, of course, the part. If you've read it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't read it, what are you waiting for?!

Other books I read and loved in 2015:

  • EXTRAORDINARY MEANS by Robyn Schneider
  • MY HEART AND OTHER BLACK HOLES by Jasmine Warga
  • I'LL MEET YOU THERE by Heather Demetrios
  • MORE HAPPY THAN NOT by Adam Silvera
  • HOW TO WRITE A NOVEL by Nathan Bransford

Another cool thing that happened in 2015? I went to NYC for the first time! Kristi C. and I went for the Writer's Digest conference this summer and had a BLAST. We crammed a LOT of NYC into a short trip. Three days worth of conference sessions! Empire State Building! Central Park! Broadway! Times Square! Staten Island Ferry! Drinking a tiny bit too much wine and margaritas! Subway! Walking 8,472 miles!

Patricia P, me, and Kristi C., crammed like sardines on the subway but still smiling!

From the Empire State Building

Broadway!


It was definitely a trip I won't forget!


The other major thing that took up much of 2015 for me was my day job. I started working in a new position with my company in February, and I absolutely LOVE it. I get to talk about writing all day every day, and I get to train teachers on how to help their students write more and write better. Awesome, right?

Not only that, but I get to travel all over the beautiful state of North Carolina to do my job! All of these pictures were taken on business trips:

New Bern, NC

Asheville, NC
Greensboro, NC

2015 has been a pretty incredible year for me, and I hope it has been for you, too!

I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, but maybe I will resolve to blog more in 2016 than I did in 2015, which shouldn't be hard to do!

Happy holidays! See you in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment